The 3 days Rwanda gorilla tour is an excellent package taking you close to the world’s endangered mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park. You will enjoy an exhilarating tour with great opportunities to see encounter other animals such as Columbus, elephants, golden monkeys, and many bird species among others.
- Day 1: Pick up, city tour & transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Cultural visit & departure.
Day 1: Arrival, city tour & transfer to Volcanoes national park
After arriving at the airport, you will be welcomed by our driver guide who will take you for a city tour to various sites in the city. Among the sites you will tour in Kigali include the Gisozi genocide memorial site, local art, and craft market. Have lunch and then transfer to Ruhengeri in the Parc National des Volcans.
Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking.
As early as 6:30 am, have breakfast and then transfer to the national park headquarters for the briefing before trekking. At 8:00 am you will start to hike into the forest with an armed guide following specific trails in search of the allocated gorilla family.
After reaching the gorillas, you will spend an hour with and then descend back to the lodge. In the afternoon, go for a cultural performance or nature walk. The time taken to meet gorillas varies between an hour and several hours depending on their movements in the forest seeking their food.
The park authority allows visitors to spend a maximum of an hour with the gorillas. Dinner and overnight at the lodge
Day 3: Cultural visit & departure
You will have a morning breakfast and then transfer to Iby’Iwachu, a village located in the shadows of the Virunga Volcanoes, where reformed poachers showcase the traditional Rwandan way of life through traditional dances, poems, and dressing codes among others. Return to the lodge for a hot lunch and then transfer to Kigali for a return flight.
- Airport transfer to/from Kigali Airport
- Ground transport per private 4WD vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- Activities and excursions mentioned in the program
- AMREF Evacuation Air Ambulance insurance
- International flight
- Visa for Rwanda
- Permit for gorilla tracking
- Optional activities in Volcanoes National Park
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Items of personal nature